Max Knopf founded the company in 1945 once he returned home to Brooklyn, New York, after WWII. He bought himself a truck and went yard to yard buying scrap metal, starters, alternators, engines and transmissions. He developed lifelong relationships with auto wreckers who had a contract with the City of New York Derelict Program. In 1970, he bought an old steel warehouse in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn and slowly his twelve hour days paid off and the business grew. The Knopf family supplied the remanufacturing industry from it's inception with new product line after product line. Today, brothers Marshall and Woody Knopf operate Knopf Automotive.
Our Vision: "To be the best full line Global Core Supplier and Aftermarket Parts Distribution company in the world"
Our Mission: "Provide new and differentiated products and services to better serve our customer base"
Knopf Automotive is Unique:
- Oldest, Largest & Most Efficient Core Supply Network in the World
Stocking over 10 Million Cores in One Million Feet of Modern Barcoded Warehouses
Supply Customers: General Motors, Ford & Delco Remy etc.
5,700 Registered Dedicated Vendors
Part of the 4,000 yard Coremate Dismantler Network
30 Product Lines Inventoried by Exact OEM Number
- The Only Fully Integrated Distributor
- New Replacement Parts for OE and Aftermarket
- Export Sales Domestic and Import
- Core Processing
Knopf Customer Business Focus:
- Full line core supplier and new parts provider to rebuilders / others
- Export cores and new parts to customers all worldwide
- Service small to medium sized OEM